Arkiv for august 2012
There comes a time when you must stand alone. You must feel confident enough within yourself to follow your own dreams. You must be willing to make sacrifices. You must be capable of changing and rearranging your priorities so that your final goal can be achieved.
Sometimes, familiarity and comfort need to be challenged. There are times when you must take a few extra chances and create your own realities. Be strong enough to at least try to make your life better. Be confident enough that you won’t settle for a compromise just to get by. Appreciate yourself by allowing yourself the opportunities to grow, develop, and find your true sense of purpose in this life.
Don’t stand in someone else’s shadow when it’s your sunlight that should lead the way.
– Author Unknown.
1. Although it’s a cliche, the term «Be yourself» really does count when it comes to finding yourself. Make sure no one influences who you are; by all means listen to others and learn from them but let the final choices, decisions, and acceptances be your own. If you simply capitulate to what others think, it will make finding yourself even harder since people are influencing who you think you are.»
2. Identify and hang out with positive people who see life as a gift to be treasured and enjoyed. These are the people who see the good in others, and offer encouragement to everyone they meet.
3. Let whatever you do today be enough. Let go of the judgement you have about what you “should be” or “could be” doing, and simply allow yourself to be. Stop fixating on where everyone else is, and give yourself permission to be exactly where you are. Life isn’t a race. Everyone’s journey and the pace at which they travel is unique. Your process is no exception and can’t be compared to anyone else’s. You will get where you need to be. Be patient and trust that you are in the right place at the right time. Trust that, in this moment, who you are, where you are at, and what you are doing, is enough. You’re doing the best you can, and that’s all you can ask for.
4. Recognise and avoid all the negative people who’ll wear you down or knock you off your path. Often whiners and complainers are never going to change – so minimize the time you spend with them.
5. If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: Give up or fight like hell.
Grand Canyon, Arizona. Det er ikke lenge siden jeg drømte at jeg svingte meg fra side til side med tau i en lignende kløft, og tenk så fint det hadde vært å få oppleve en så fantastisk kløft på ordentlig. Bare det å få se den med egne øyne hadde for meg vært en drøm som gikk i oppfyllelse. Jeg vet ikke hvorfor jeg fascineres så grådig av denne enorme kløften, men Grand Canyon er i hvert fall det viktigste, og første, jeg har lyst til å oppleve når jeg en dag blir frisk og er klar for å begi meg ut i den store, vakre verdenen vi lever i. Helt klart.
I’ve always been attracted to those sorts of people who make up their own logic. To those who think outside of the system. To those who invent as they go along. These kinds of people are the biggest dreamers of all and so I suppose that’s the reason why they are always the ones who end up getting hurt. – Harmony Korine