You can be happy tomorrow. You can be happy when you get through your list of things to do. You can be happy when you meet the one. You can be happy when you get the right job. You can be happy when you get the raise. You can be happy when you stop buying the things you need and start buying the things you want. You can be happy when you retire. You can be happy when the weather suits you. You can be happy on a plane. You can be happy in the rain. Or you can stop reading this, take a deep breath, and be happy right now.
– Author Unknown
Åh. Jeg bare elsker denne låten. Første gang jeg hørte den falt jeg merkelig nok ikke helt for refrenget. Det var en sånn låt som måtte høres et par ganger og vokse litt på meg før jeg virkelig begynte å like den på ordentlig. Nå hører jeg på den konstant, hele tiden, og kan ikke helt skjønne hvorfor jeg ikke elsket den fra aller første sekund av.
1. I think that we are like stars. Something happens to burst us open; But when we burst open and think we are dying; We’re actually turning into a supernova. And then when we look at ourselves again, we see that we’re suddenly more beautiful than we ever were before. – C. J.
2. Another year is fast approaching. Go be that starving artist you’re afraid to be. Open up that journal and get poetic finally. Volunteer. Suck it up and travel. You were not born here to work and pay taxes. You were put here to be part of a vast organism to explore and create. Stop putting it off. The world has much more to offer than what’s on 15 televisions at TGI Fridays. Take pictures. Scare people. Shake up the scene. Be the change you want to see in the world. – Jason Mraz
3. You’ve got this life and while you’ve got it; You’d better kiss like you only have one moment, try to hold someone’s hand like you will never get another chance to, look into people’s eyes like they’re the last you’ll ever see, watch someone sleeping like there’s no time left, jump if you feel like jumping, run if you feel like running, play music in your head when there is none, and eat cake like it’s the only one left in the world.
4. Girls of all kinds can be beautiful; From the thin, plus-sized, short, very tall, ebony to porcelain-skinned; The quirky, clumsy, shy, outgoing and all in between. It’s not easy though because many people still put beauty into a confining, narrow box. Think outside of the box. Pledge that you will look in the mirror and find the unique beauty in you. – Tyra Banks
5. When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down «happy». They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. – John Lennon
Photo: Instagram @ CamillaDidriksen.
Litt mobilbilder fra den siste tiden. Jeg har fylt 23 år (herregud!), fått verdens fineste bursdagsgave i form av et anatomisk hjertesmykke fra Bjørg, fått masse fine og rosa saker fra Victoria’s Secret, sett en god del gatekunst, spist masse fersk ananas, gått rundt og luktet av Marc Jacob’s «Dot» eller «Honey» hver eneste dag, og sist men ikke minst lest Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close for andre gang.
1. Your light is seen. Your heart is known. Your soul is cherished by more people than you might imagine. If you knew how many others have been touched in wonderful ways by you, you would be astonished. If you knew how many people feel so much for you, you would be shocked. You are far more wonderful than you think you are. Rest with that. Rest easy with that. Breathe again. You are doing fine. More than fine. Better than fine. You’re doing great. So relax. And love yourself today. – Neale Donald Walsch
2. You don’t have to get a job that makes others feel comfortable about what they perceive as your success. You don’t have to explain what you plan to do with your life. You don’t have to justify your education by demonstrating its financial rewards. You don’t have to maintain an impeccable credit score. Anyone who expects you to do any of those things has no sense of history or economics or science or the arts. You have to pay your electric bill. You have to be kind. You have to give it all you got. You have to find people who love you truly and love them back with the same truth. But that’s all. – Cheryl Strayed
3. You are meant to fight. When you are sick, your body fights for its right to function. When you hold your breath, your body fights for its right to breathe. There are billions of tiny events – from the surface of your skin, down to the very cells of your body – that have to happen in order for you to be simply sitting here today. If your most minuscule parts haven’t given up yet, why should you? – N.T.
4. You don’t ever have to apologize for feeling sad. You aren’t being too sensitive. You aren’t imagining things or being overdramatic. You’re being true to yourself by honoring your emotions, and that is never something you have to feel ashamed of. Whether you have a need that isn’t being met, an old wound that’s been reopened, a person in your life who is making you feel small, a painful memory of something from the past, or an emptiness from the loss of someone you care about – there is always something underlying our sadness, and whatever it is, it’s important and valid. Whatever it is, it deserves to be expressed and felt. – Daniell Koepke
5. You don’t get better on the days when you feel like going. You get better on the days when you don’t want to go, but you go anyway. If you can overcome the negative energy coming from your tired body or unmotivated mind, you will grow and become better. It won’t be the best workout you have, you won’t accomplish as much as what you usually do when you actually feel good, but that doesn’t matter. Growth is a long term game, and the crappy days are more important. – Georges St. Pierre, The Way of the Fight